Improving Cyber Security Capacities in Latvia
The Cybersecurity Digital Service Infrastructure (DSI) is underpinned by the European Strategy for Cybersecurity: it provides an information sharing platform ("MeliCERTes") facilitating operational cooperation among Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs), as well as funding for CSIRTs to effectively take part in its activities.
The Action's goal is to ensure compliance of the Latvian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT.LV – hosted by the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Latvia) with the NIS Directive.
The Action will increase the maturity level of CERT.LV, strengthen the capacities of its personnel, and carry out nationwide awareness-raising activities. Specifically the action will:
- establish access points from CERT.LV to MeliCERTes
- develop a Deep Analysis System to gather the data by scanning available resources for potential Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) or other relevant information
- upgrade and operate the national level cyber security IT system strengthen
- personnel capacities by attending relevant professional courses
- carry out nationwide awareness-raising and international engagement activities